FBC Riesel - Statement of Faith
Members at FBC Riesel find unity as a body of believers in a set of Biblical tenants which define how we engage life and community. Our staff would be honored to answer your questions and have conversations about these beliefs.
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the divine and eternal Son of God. We believe in His virgin birth, real humanity, full deity, death for our sins, and literal resurrection.
- We believe that the authoritative word of God as originally given is the divinely inspired 66 books of the Holy Scriptures and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity. The criterion by which the Bible is interpreted is Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, indwells, teaches, and empowers all believers.
- We believe that salvation is by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that marriage is a biblical institution established by God as described by the Holy Bible. We believe the biblical ideal for marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.